Request an Office Landline Telephone
Two types of telephone sets are available:
- single line
- one telephone extension rings
- speaker and display capabilities
- multiple lines ring
- a maximum number of thirty buttons is available and programmable with multiple features
- speaker and display capabilities
Who is entitled to this service?
- All authorized employees and guests of Temple University and Temple University Health System (TUHS)
What are the limitations and restrictions related to this service?
- Available at all proprieties owned by Temple University or TUHS.
What are the applicable policies or guidelines?
- Human Resources Employee Manual
- Temple University Rules of Conduct
- University Policies
- Computer Services Policies
How do I use this service?
- Speakerphones can be rented for $50 by completing the Service Order Request Form.
Note: Go to the bottom of the form and enter your request in the Description of Work Request box.
- Standard and optional software features and functions for single and multi- line sets are listed in the following table.
|call hold||places caller on hold|
|call transfer||transfers caller to another extension|
|conference||places a conference call with up to three parties
Note: At least one system user must remain in the conference to keep the connection.
|last number redial||quickly redials the previously dialed external telephone number|
|call waiting||alerts you to incoming calls and provides the ability to answer these calls while on the line|
|class of service||defines the dialing access for an extension:
–area codes: 215, 609, 610, 267, and 856
–continental United States
|call forwarding||forwards calls to another location when caller receives a busy signal, no answer, or when set up by user|
|call pickup groups||enables a group member telephone to be answered by dialing #7 on any member telephone|
|intercom groups||serves as a dedicated line for inter-office communication; available on multi-line sets only|
What are the requirements for using this service?
- Approval from the requestor's budget unit head or business manager
- FOAPAL or Cost Center number
- Building and room number for the service
What is the time frame for fulfillment of service?
Requests for setup and repair are fulfilled during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please plan on a period of 15 business days for your order to be completed. Depending on the current work load, each order item can be expedited for an additional charge based on two time frames:
- 1-3 business days
- 4-7 business days
When is this service available for use?
Telephone service is available 24 hours a day throughout the year except during periods of system, network, or electrical maintenance.
What is the cost of this service?
Installation and monthly costs vary depending on the telephone type. Information about charges for service, installation, and expedited services is available on the Billing & Costs page.
How do I request this service?
Temple University Employees
- Log in to TUhelp and select Request Service > Telecommunications > Office Landline Telephone. Then, complete the form and click Submit.
Temple University Health System Employees
- Complete and submit the Service Order Request Form through any of the following:
- Inter-Office Mail
Office of Telecommunications
The Tech Center
3rd floor (286-05)
How do I get help using or requesting this service?
Call 4-HELP or 215-204-4419 during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.