Uniprint manages student printing in computer labs, public areas, and computer classrooms. When students print, they use their University-allocated print quota and, if their quota is depleted, printing is charged to their Diamond Dollars accounts.
Since students release print jobs at a print station, they can see the job cost and and prevent unnecessary printing. Uniprint, therefore, minimizes wasteful printing.
Schools, colleges, and departments with printers for student use are entitled to this service.
Printers must be on the student network.
Student Printing in Temple University Computer Labs is the applicable policy.
Academic and/or administrative units interested in this service are responsible for the following:
- printers and printer consumables, such as toner and inkjet cartridges
- two ethernet connections per printer: one for the printer and one for the release station
- network charges for the printer and release station
- sufficient power at the printer location
- furniture for the printer and release station
- print driver installation on computers
The time frame for this service is ten business days.
This service is available 24/7, except for server maintenance periods on Saturday morning, between 5 a.m. and 5:15 a.m., and as needed for upgrades and system troubleshooting.
Currently, there is no cost to schools, colleges, and departments for this service.
Customers can request this service through the TUhelp website.
For immediate issues such as reprints or printers in an error state, customers can call the TECH Center Consultant Desk at 1-9898.
Refund requests should be:
- routed through local IT staff/consultants to verify the claim and correct local issues, such as jams and low toner
- submitted by the IT staff on behalf of the requester through a Remedy ticket or an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- customer identification: name, TUid, and AccessNet username
- problem information: date, time, and description of issue
- name of the print job affected