Request a Cell Phone for University Business
Verizon Wireless is the exclusive provider of cellular service for the university. The Office of Telecommunications assists eligible members of the university community with the following cellular service and equipment requests:
- Requesting new service and equipment
- Transferring current service and equipment to Verizon Wireless
- Upgrading or replacing equipment
- Modifying rate plan
- Purchasing cellular accessories
- Selecting optional services and features, such as text messaging
- Modifying account information
- Deactivating or suspending service
Who is entitled to this service?
All authorized employees and guests of Temple University can request a cellular phone through the Office of Telecommunications. For eligibility requirements, contact your supervisor.
What are the limitations and restrictions related to this service?
All non-university calls should be reimbursed according to the guidelines provided by the Vice President of Computer and Financial Services & CIO.
What are the applicable policies or guidelines?
- Procurement and Use of Cellular Equipment Policy
- Interpretation of the Procurement and Use of Cellular Equipment Policy
How do I use this service?
Instructions for activating and using the cell phone are provided with the device.
What are the requirements for using this service?
Requests for new service or modifications to existing service require the following:
- approval from the requester's budget unit head or business manager
- FOAPAL or Cost Center number of the department
What is the time frame for fulfillment of service?
Orders are processed during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and fulfilled within five business days after the order is received.
When is this service available for use?
Cellular service is available 24 hours a day throughout the year except during periods of provider system outages.
What is the cost of this service?
The Equipment & Service Plans page provides information about cost.
How do I request this service?
Complete the Cellular Equipment & Service Request Form and then send the form via:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Fax: 215-204-6856 (1-6856)
How do I get help using or requesting this service?
Call 4-HELP or 215-204-4419 during normal business hours: Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.