Technical assistance as well as advice and suggestions on how to use Blackboard are available to:
- Faculty, adjunct instructors, teaching assistants, as well as anyone who teaches a course at Temple University
- Temple University students, faculty, and staff who are student organization leaders, committee chairs, department chairs, administrative assistants, as well as anyone would like to host an organization or community on Blackboard
This service is available to an instructor or organization leader who:
- Needs help with a specific feature of Blackboard
- Wants to learn more about the features and functionality of Blackboard
- Is new to Blackboard and needs help getting started
- Has used Blackboard but would like a refresher
- Wants to learn about new features in Blackboard 9
- Would like help setting up a new course or organization on Blackboard
- Would like to brainstorm about how to best use Blackboard to meet specific teaching or learning goals
- Would like to explore options for revamping their Blackboard course
- Has a suggestion on how to improve Blackboard
- All faculty, adjunct instructors, teaching assistants, as well as anyone who teaches a course at Temple University
- Student organization leaders, committee chairs, department chairs, administrative assistants, as well as anyone who leads an organization or committee at Temple University
Specialized assistance, including extended face-to-face consultations, is available at the Instructional Support Centers (ISC) listed below from Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
||TECH Center, room 110
|Health Sciences Center
||Kresge Hall, room 305
||Ambler Learning Center, room 111
General assistance is available through the Help Desk during normal business hours. Questions on advanced topics, which have to be referred to the ISC, will be addressed during normal business hours only.
Note: Consultations are not available during Temple University holidays.
Extensive online help, documentation, and tutorials are available 24/7, however, all Blackboard topics are not covered.
The greatest opportunity to attend hands-on, instructor-led training occurs three weeks before and after the start of a semester. During this time, additional training sessions are offered to accommodate the high demand for training. Seats for training sessions are available on a first-come, first-served basis and can be reserved on the Training website.
Several hands-on training sessions designed for instructors with various levels of expertise include:
- Jumpstart sessions which target instructors who are new to Blackboard or need a refresher. Sessions are generally offered prior to the start of each semester as well as during the first two or three weeks of a semester.
- Feature-specific sessions which help instructors use more advanced features of Blackboard, such as Assessments and Surveys, Grade Center, SafeAssign, blogs, wikis, and podcasts.
A listing of available sessions is available on the Training website.
- Documentation and Tutorials
For instructors or leaders who cannot attend instructor-led sessions or prefer to learn on their own, online documentation and tutorials are available on a wide-range of topics for various levels of expertise.
To access documentation and tutorials, log into Blackboard, go to the top of the Blackboard screen, and click the Bb9: What’s New tab.
For instructors or leaders who have a course or organization on Blackboard, searchable online help is available through Blackboard.
To access online help, log into Blackboard, click your course or organization link, and then go to the Control Panel box and click Help.
Phone consultations are available by calling any of the ISC locations during business hours. After hours, you can contact the Help Desk by submitting a request through TUhelp or by calling 215-204-8000 (1-8000).
For lengthy consultations, face-to-face meetings are often the most effective. Appointments are available Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. at any of the ISC locations. Walk-ins are welcome, but it is recommended that you call for an appointment.
- AccessNet username and password
- Varies, depending on the type of assistance
- Instructional Support Center (ISC): Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Help Desk: Hours
- Online help, Documentation, and Tutorials: 24/7
This service is provided at no charge.
- Instructor-Led Training
Visit the Training website for a list of available training sessions and to reserve a place.
- Online Resources
Documentation and Tutorials:
Log into Blackboard, go to the top of the Blackboard screen and click on the Bb9: What's New tab.
Log into Blackboard, click on the link to your course or organization, and then go to the Control Panel box and click Help.
Visit or contact any of the ISC locations from Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.