Hardware and Software Purchasing Announcements
One Day Change to Work at Home Distribution Hours - Tuesday, December 3rd
On Tuesday, December 3rd, the Purchasing Department will be distributing Microsoft Work at Home Software between 12pm and 1pm only due to a mandatory departmental training session.
Regular distribution hours will resume on Wednesday, December 4th.
Adobe Licensing Changes
Creative Suites 6 (CS6) will be the last version of Creative Suites. It is being replaced with the Creative Cloud (CC), a subscription model. With Adobe's move to the Cloud environment, metering, concurrent licensing, upgrade plans and secondary use rights for the new licenses will be discountinued. Each machine will require its own license. In addition, licenses that are part of the Creative Cloud bundles cannot be purchased on their own, with the exception of Acrobat.
Temple University has enrolled in the Adobe Enterprise Agreement for the new Creative Cloud software. The subscription term runs from August 12, 2013 to August 11, 2014. The available bundles are as follows:
- Design & Web HED Collection - includes Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash Professional, Fireworks, Acrobat XI Pro and Edge Animage. This is the base license for the subscription. At least one Design & Web license must be purchased with every add-on license.
- Video Collection (add-on) - available in 64-bit only - includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash Professional, Premier Pro, After Effects, Audition, SpeedGrade, Prelude, Encore and Media Encoder.
- Photoshop Lightroom (add-on)
Please consider the following notes prior to purchasing a subscription:
- There is no prorated subscription rate. The rate is the same no matter when you buy in during the course of the subscription term. Even if a subscripton is purchased in July, you will need to pay the full subscription amount and then renew in August.
- Our Creative Cloud licenses do not include storage in the Adobe Cloud.
- You have the option to continue to use your Creative Suites software. The CS licenses are perpetual and can be distributed in the same manner as they have been in the past (secondary use rights, key server deployment and concurrent licenses). The CS6 software will still be available in the SHI Punch-out.
Everyone is encouraged to investigate the possibility of an alternative to Adobe software. There are several software titles, including open source, which may fit your needs.
If you are interested in purchasing a subscription, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing, part numbers and ordering instructions.
Microsoft Dreamspark Standard Subscription EnrollmentTemple University is enrolled in Microsoft's Dreamspark Standard Subscription Program! This program supports technical education by providing access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes. The listing of titles available are as follows:
- Windows Server
- Visual Studio Professional
- Windows Embedded
- SQL Server
Students and Faculty interested in using the software included in the Dreamspark Standard Subscription can visit Temple University's Microsoft Dreamspark Standard page where you can register to take advantage of the products listed above. Please note the usage guidelines for the software prior to registering - only Students and Faculty are eligible to participate in this program. Access will be granted to eligible participants once registration is approved by the Purchasing Department.
SOMA Increase in Hourly Time and Materials Rate
As of July 1, 2013, the hourly labor rate for SOMA Time and Materials will be increased to $79.00 (with a minimum charge of one half hour's work or $39.50) plus the cost of any parts that may be needed.
Microsoft to Drop Support for Windows XP & Office 2003
Effective April 8, 2014, Microsoft will officially drop support for these products. Take a look at the Computer Services' Tech Bit for more information.
Departments are not permitted to purchase any tablets (i.e. Apple iPads, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire, Microsoft Surface) using their PCard. All tablets must be purchased via the available Punch-out vendors in TUmarketplace.
Temple University Computer and Information Services.
All Rights Reserved. For web related questions, please send e-mail to email@example.com.