The following expenses are not allowable:
- Entertainment expenses for University employees where only University employees are involved. Examples are one University employee buying another University employee lunch (even if University business is conducted during the lunch); a department head taking employees to lunch; Christmas, retirement and other office parties; coffee services, etc.
- Fines for parking or traffic violations.
- Repair or insurance of personal automobiles, except as approved by the Controller in advance of the expenditure.
- Theft, loss or damage of personal luggage and effects. Employees should work directly with the airline and credit card insurance carrier to recover damages.
- Membership dues in private or social clubs and organizations.
- Personal travel expense, e.g., personal entertainment/gifts, costs for business clothing, haircuts, reading material, toiletries, medicine, laundry (if the individual is away for more than five days, laundry will be reimbursed), etc.
- Passenger insurance, e.g., flight insurance. (Holders of Temple University American Express cards automatically receive $200,000 of travel insurance and $1,250 baggage insurance if they pay for their airline tickets with their card.)
- Additional insurance on rental cars.
- Normal commuting cost.
- Movies (in room and in flight movies)
- Gifts/Flowers, including flowers, fruit baskets or other items of condolences or congratulations.
- Cash advance fees from through ATM bank locations, hotels, or any other location where case advances can be obtained
The above non-reimbursable items are not to be considered all inclusive. All reimbursements are subject to review and approval by the Director of Accounts Payable or the Assistant Director of Travel.
Accounts Payable Office at Main Campus has
closed. The Accounts Payable office located at the Finance Service
Center has moved its entire operation to TASB.
Check Run Schedule Direct Deposits (ACH) are done daily and Disbursements (Paper Check Runs) are done on Monday, Wednesday and Friday each week.
TEMPLE ADMINSTRATIVE SERVICE BUILDING (TASB)
Temple University (083-07)
Accounts Payable Department
1852 N. 10th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122-8307
Fax: (215) 926-2022 (TASB)