Travel and Personal Business Expense Exclusions:
The University will not reimburse or pay for expenses that are personal in nature. The following are some examples of expenses excluded from reimbursement:
- Fines for parking or traffic violations.
- Repair or insurance of personal vehicles or equipment, except as approved by the Controller in advance of the expenditure.
- Theft, loss or damage of personal luggage and effects. Individuals are encouraged to work with airline and credit card insurance carriers regarding damages.
- Personal travel expense, e.g., personal entertainment/gifts, costs for business clothing, haircuts, reading material, movies, toiletries, or medicine. If the individual is away for more than five days, laundry may be reimbursed.
- Passenger insurance, e.g., flight insurance. Holders of Temple University American Express cards automatically receive $350,000 of travel insurance, $1,250 carryon baggage and $500 checked baggage insurance if they pay for their airline tickets with their card.
- Normal commuting cost
Business and Entertainment Expense Exclusions:
- Membership dues in private or social clubs and organizations.
- Meal and beverage expenses for university employees at a restaurant or eating establishment where only university employees are present unless approved by the cognizant vice president or dean
- Entertainment expenses that include parties or meals for birthdays, weddings, births, administrative professional’s day, bosses day, etc.