Employees may rent only mid-size or smaller vehicles unless there are at least three University travelers in the group. Travel claims must include the justification for rental of other than mid-size or smaller vehicles.
- Car rental agencies provide basic insurance subject to a deductible amount. Travelers must decline all additional insurance at the time of rental when traveling domestically. The University self-insures for physical damage to the rental car. The rental car company provides liability insurance for bodily injury and physical damage to the other car. The University's auto liability insurance covers any excess over the rental car company's insurance while on business. Reimbursement for additional insurance to cover the deductible will be declined by the Travel Reimbursement Center.
- Because insurance laws vary outside the United States, faculty and staff must purchase the liability and physical damage insurance offered by all rental car agencies while traveling internationally. Students may not rent vehicles when travelling abroad except in emergencies. For more information regarding insurance coverage when traveling internationally, please visit the Office of Risk Management and Insurance.
The University does not reimburse for coverage for personal items in a rental car. If items are damaged or stolen from a rental car individuals should consult with their homeowner’s insurance policy provider regarding coverage. If an individual does not have homeowner’s, renter’s, or similar coverage for this exposure, it may be prudent to purchase the coverage at one’s own expense.
- Fuel expense for a rental car is reimbursed with submission of a paid receipt and the rental agreement.
- Reimbursement for the rental car must be documented by an original rental agreement and receipt.
Rental prices at airport locations may vary based upon seasonal demand. As a result, Enterprise is offering Temple University employees the option of receiving the regular corporate rates, or a 10% rate discount for all reservations made from an airport location.
For all airport locations ONLY, you have the option of choosing either rate, depending upon which is the least expensive at the time. Regular corporate rates will apply for all local Philadelphia locations.
If you would like to reserve a One Way Rental, you will need to use the appropriate Corporate Account Code:
- If reserving from a neighborhood location, use NA17D10
- If reserving from the airport, use 17D0108
Enterprise Mileage is unlimited for all cars up to the FULL SIZE option. For anything larger than a full size car, there will be a 150 mile\day, 1050 mile/week, or 3000 mile/month limit. Going over these limits will require a surcharge of 15 cents per mile.
For more information or to book a car rental reservation, go online to http://www.enterprise.com/car, or contact them at 1-800-847-3722 to speak to an account representative.
National is our preferred vendor at all airport locations, but can also service Temple employees at their neighborhood sites as well. The Temple rates are accepted at all locations. For more information or to book a car rental reservation, go online to http://www.nationalcar.com/ and click on “More Options” to put in the Corporate ID. You can also contact Glenn Needs (Account Manager) at 856-786-0571. The Corporate Account Code is: 5025966
Important Rental Rate Information
US Locations as noted below, including their airport, downtown, suburban and sub-locations, will assess an additional fee for each rental day.
$3.00 in Charlotte; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Kansas City; Los Angeles area (excluding LAX); Milwaukee; Minneapolis/St. Paul; New Orleans; Phoenix; Providence; San Francisco area; Seattle; St. Louis; State of Illinois (unless otherwise indicated); State of New York (unless otherwise indicated)
$5.00 in Aspen; Atlanta; Commonwealth of Puerto Rico; Denver/Colorado Springs area; Hartford; Los Angeles airport (LAX); Pittsburgh; State of Alaska; State of Texas
$10.00 in Baltimore; Boston; Chicago; Detroit; Philadelphia; Washington, DC
$21.00 in NY/NJ/CT Metro area; Newark
$26.00 in the JFK Airport; LaGuardia Airport; Manhattan*
* For rentals commencing in Manhattan all day Friday through 12:59pm Sunday and for rentals commencing at JFK and LaGuardia Airports between the hours of 1:00pm Friday through 12:59pm Sunday, current published rates, less a discount will apply.
Temple University is insured for any physical damage and liability that may come as a result of the automobile rental usage. Please do NOT choose any additional insurance coverage when reserving your car for Temple University domestic related travel. This is not the case for your personal rentals at the Temple University rates. You are responsible for these charges. Because insurance laws vary outside the United States, faculty and staff must purchase the liability and physical damage insurance offered by all rental car agencies while traveling internationally. Students may not rent vehicles when travelling abroad except in emergencies. For more information regarding insurance coverage when traveling internationally, please visit the Office of Risk Management and Insurance.
Drivers must be licensed and 18 years of age or older. This is mandatory for both business and personal use.
Please contact the Business Services department at 215-204-5144 if you have any questions or need more information regarding the car rental program.