Through the development and maintenance of procedures and controls, we ensure that all transactions are made in conformity with Temple University policies and are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the accounting guidelines established by the National Association of College and University Business Officers.
Accounting Operations responsibilities within Temple University include but are not limited to:
- Reconciliations of the University’s Cash, Bank, Asset & Liability accounts
- Accounting for all investments and contributions
- Monitoring collections of miscellaneous receivables
- Notifying Temple community of Fund activity
- Inter-company billing and accounting for transactions between our local/international entities
- Liaison between the University and its external auditors