About the Center
The Student Success Center (SSC) is a comprehensive, "one-stop-shop" academic support center serving graduate and undergraduate students at Temple University. As you explore this website, you will discover in detail all of the programs and services that we have to offer you, from tutoring, to workshops, retreats, colloquia, and more. We are here for you!
The Student Success Center supports a global community of undergraduate and graduate students as they participate in the academic and cultural environment of Temple University. We help students navigate the complex processes of acquiring formal academic knowledge and integrating it into their own creative, intellectual, and professional pursuits. Above all, we seek to foster students' autonomy and enjoyment in learning. We are partners in a larger network of education professionals — we collaborate with faculty, administrators, and others to create a high-quality learning environment at Temple.
We seek to provide support programs that:
- Focus on each student learner's needs and goals
- Respect diverse ways of knowing, and different rates and pathways of learning
- Deploy innovative, evidence-based pedagogical practices
- Help students connect what they learn in courses to their own interests and goals
- Are accessible, engaging, and collaborative
- Education is a human right, and robust academic support programs are essential to ensuring that all students have educational access and opportunity.
- The process of learning is always individual; learners require flexible and responsive learning environments.
- Education is a shared project. Students, professors, peer tutors, and educational administrators all play a part in making academic learning possible.