Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Pennsylvania, 1984
M.S. Computer Science, University of Pennsylvania, 1983
B.S. Computer Engineering, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China, 1979
Research / Professional Interests:
Reliable high performance computing architectures, decoupling principles, sequential-to-parallel programming generation, lossless high performance VLDB architecture and systems, 3-D virtual reality applications, web graphics, mobile device programming, databases and information security and forensics.
- Justin Y. Shi, “Decoupling as a Foundation for Large Scale Parallel Computing,” to appear in Proceedings of HPCC 2009, June 2009, Seoul, Korea
- Justin Y. Shi, “High Performance Lossless ESB Architecture with Data Protection for Mission-Critical Applications,” CSIE 2009, March 2009, LA, USA.
- Justin Y. Shi, “Fault Tolerant Self-Optimizing Multiprocessor System and Method Thereof,” U.S. Patent Application, June 2008.
- Justin Y. Shi, Suntain Song, “Apparatus and Method of Optimizing Database Clustering with Zero Transaction Loss,” U.S. Patent Application, January 2008. 5. Yuan Shi, “Multicomputer system and method,” U.S. Patent: #5,517,656. 1996.
- Yuan Shi, “System for automatically generating efficient application - customized client/server operating environment for heterogeneous network computers and operating systems,” U.S. Patent: #5,381,534, 1995.