Ph.D., Computer Science, The Pennsylvania State University, 1991.
Research / Professional Interests :
Bioinformatics; Data Mining; Machine Learning; Spatial and Temporal Data Management.
- Midic, U., Oldfield, C.J., Dunker, A.K., Obradovic, Z., Uversky, V.N. (2009) “Protein Disorder in the Human Deseasome: Unfoldomics of Human Genetic Diseases,” BMC Genomics, vol. 10 Suppl 1:S12.
- Vucetic, S., Han, B., Mi, W., Li. Z., Obradovic, Z. (2008) "A Data Mining Approach for the Validation of Aerosol Retrievals," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 113-117.
- Xie, H., Vucetic, S. Iakoucheva L.M., Oldfield C.J., Dunker, A.K., Uversky, V.N. and Obradovic, Z. (2007) "Functional Anthology of Intrinsic Disorder. I. Biological Processes and Functions of Proteins with Long Disordered Regions," Journal of Proteome Research, May;6(5):1882-98.
- Romero, P., Zaidi, S., Fang,Y.Y., Uversky, V.N., Radivojac, P., Oldfield, C., Cortese M., LeGall, T., Obradovic, Z. and Dunker, A.K. (2006)"Alternative Splicing in Concert with Protein Intrinsic Disorder Enables Increased Functional Diversity in Multicellular Organisms," The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 103, no. 22, 8390-8395, May 30.
- Peng, K., Radivojac, P., Vucetic, S., Dunker, A.K. and Obradovic, Z. (2006) "Length-Dependent Prediction of Intrinsic Protein Disorder," BMC Bioinformatics, vol. 7 (1), 208, April 17.
Teaching Topics / Interests:
Data Mining; Bioinformatics; Machine Learning; Databases; Data Warehousing; Algorithms; Time Series Analysis, Geographical Information Systems, Pattern Recognition; Neural Networks; Intelligent Data Analysis; Artificial Intelligence; Parallel and Distributed Computing; Automata Theory.