Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 1997
M.S. in Computer Science, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, 1995
B.E. in Computer Engineering and Informatics, University of Patras, Greece, 1991
Research Interests :
Data Mining, Data Compression, Pattern Recognition, Multimedia Database Systems, Biomedical Informatics, Information Security.
- V. Megalooikonomou, Q. Wang, G. Li, C. Faloutsos, " A Multiresolution Symbolic Representation of Time Series ", Proceedings of the 21st IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE05) , Tokyo, Japan, April 5-8, 2005, pp. 668-679.
- D. Pokrajac, V. Megalooikonomou, A. Lazarevic, D. Kontos, Z. Obradovic, "Applying Spatial Distribution Analysis Techniques to Classification of 3D Medical Images," Artificial Intelligence in Medicine , Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 261-280, Mar. 2005.
- C. Faloutsos and V. Megalooikonomou, " On Data Mining, Compression, and Kolmogorov Complexity ," Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery , Tenth Anniversary Issue (to appear).
- V. Megalooikonomou and Y. Yesha, " Quantizer Design for Distributed Estimation with Communication Constraints and Unknown Observation Statistics," IEEE Transactions on Communications , Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 181-184, 2000.
- V. Megalooikonomou, C. Davatzikos, and E. H. Herskovits, " Mining Lesion-Deficit Associations in a Brain Image Database ", in Proceedings of the ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining , San Diego, CA, pp.347-351, Aug. 1999.