Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Hamburg, Germany, 1992.
Habilitation in Computer Science, University of Hamburg, Germany, 1996.
Research Interests :
Computer Vision, Robot Perception, Pattern Recognition, Data Mining, Digital Geometry and Topology
- Longin Jan Latecki, Marc Sobel, and Rolf Lakaemper. Piecewise Linear Models with Guaranteed Closeness to the Data. IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), Vol. 31, No. 8, pp. 1525-1531, 2009.
- Nagesh Adluru and Longin Jan Latecki. Contour Grouping Based on Contour-Skeleton Duality. International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV) 83, pp. 12-29, 2009.
- ChengEn Lu, Longin Jan Latecki, Nagesh Adluru, Xingwei Yang, and Haibin Ling. Shape Guided Contour Grouping with Particle Filters. 12th IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Vision (ICCV), Kyoto, Japan, Sep./Oct. 2009.
- Longin Jan Latecki, ChengEn Lu, Marc Sobel, Xiang Bai. Multiscale Random Fields with Application to Contour Grouping. Neural Information Processing Systems Conf. (NIPS), Vancouver, December 2008.
- Xiang Bai and Longin Jan Latecki: Path Similarity Skeleton Graph Matching. IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), Vol. 30, No. 7, pp. 1282-1292, 2008.