- PhD in Applied Mathematics, Hamburg University, Germany, 2000
- M.S. in Mathematics/Computer Science, Hamburg University, Germany 1997
Research Interests :
Computer Vision, Object Recognition, Autonomous Robots
Teaching and Professional Interests:
- Data structures and algorithms, game programming, robotics, computer vision, computer graphics.
- Co-founder of Germany's first game software company 'magic bytes' in 1985
- Co-founder of Voice/Video over IP company Nikotel in 2000.
1. Rolf Lakaemper, Marc Sobel, "Using the Particle Filter Approach to Building Partial Correspondences Between Shapes", International Journal of Computer Vision (IJCV), Springer, 2009 (DOI:10.1007/s11263-009-0288-z)
2. Rolf Lakaemper, Nagesh Adluru, "Using Virtual Scans for Improved Mapping and Evaluation", Autonomous Robots Journal (ARJ), Special Issue 'Characterizing Mobile Robot Localization and Mapping', Editors: Raj Madhavan, Alex Kleiner, Chris Scrapper. Springer, 2009
3. Rolf Lakaemper, Ali Malkawi, "Integrating Robot Mapping and Augmented Building Simulation", ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering - Special Issue on Visualization in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction, 2009
4. Longin Jan Latecki, Marc Sobel, Rolf Lakaemper. "Piecewise Linear Models with Guaranteed Closeness to the Data:, IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), 2009
5. R.Lakaemper, N.Adluru, L.J.Latecki, R. Madhavan, "Multi Robot Mapping using Force Field Simulation", Journal of Field Robotics, Special Issue on Quantitative Performance Evaluation of Robotic and Intelligent Systems, 2007