Ph.D. Computer Science, University of Pennsylvania, 1966
M.S. Mathematics, University of Illinois, 1962
B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, 1960
Research Interests :
Data Structures and algorithms, especially the efficient generation of combinatorial objects.
- Skarbek’s Algorithm for t-ary Trees, The Computer Journal, Vol. 49, N0. 3, (2006) 351-357.
- A Loopless Gray Code For Rooted Trees, with P. LaFollette, ACM Transactions on Algorithms, Vol. 2, Issue 2, (2006) 135-152.
- Generating T-ary Trees in Linked Representation, The Computer Journal, Vol. 48, No. 4, (2005) 488-497.
- Loopless Array Generation of Multiset Permutations, with P. LaFollette, The Computer Journal, Vol. 47, No. 5, (2004) 612-621.
- Constant time generation of derangements, with P. LaFollette, Information Processing Letters, 90 (2004) 181-186.