Ph.D., Northwestern University (1968)
Major: Computer Science, Minor: Operations Research
MSIE, Northwestern University (1965)
BSIE, Northwestern University (1963)
Research Interests :
Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Tutoring Systems, Intelligent Collaborative Learning Systems .
- (with J. Israel) “Supporting Collaborative Learning with an Intelligent Web-based System”, Accepted for publication, International Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Education (IJAIED), September 2006.
- (with J. Dougherty, N. Kock, & C. Sandas) “Teaching the Use of Complex IT in Specific Domains: Developing, Assessing and Refining a Curriculum Development Framework”, Education and Information Technologies (EAIT), Kluwer Publishing, Vol. 7, #2, June, 2002.pp. 137 – 154.
- (with N. Kock & C. Sandas) “Developing and Assessing a Course for Non-Majors”, IEEE Transactions on Education, Vol. 45, #1, Feb. 2002, pp. 50 – 56.
- (with N. van Labeke, et. al.) “IF ‘What is the Core of AI & Education?’ is the Question THEN ‘ Teaching Knowledge’ is the Answer”, Proceedings of Ninth World Conference on Artificial Intelligence & Education (AIED ’99), Le Mans, FR, pp. 241-248
- (with H. Schauer, J. Muehlbacher, P. Leng and M. Shave)“ Providing Interactive Seminars Using the Web: An International Experience ”, in “Teleteaching ’98: Distance Learning, Training and Education” (Proceedings of XV World Congress, ed. G. Davies, Austrian Computer Society, Vienna, Part II, pp. 869-875