Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Maryland College Park, 2006
M.S. in Computer Science, Peking University, 2000
B.S. in Mathematics, Peking University, 1997
Research Interests :
Computer Vision, Medical Imaging, Human Computer Interaction, Machine Learning
Teaching and Professional Interests:
Statistical methods for visual information analysis, data structures and algorithms
- X. Mei and H. Ling. "Robust Visual Tracking using L1 Minimization", in Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), Kyoto, Japan, 2009
- W. Zhang, H. Ling, S. Prummer, K.S. Zhou, M. Ostermeier, and D. Comaniciu. "Coronary Tree Extraction Using Motion Layer Separation", The 12th Annual International Conf. on Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Intervention (MICCAI), London, UK, 2009.
- H. Ling, S. K. Zhou, Y. Zheng, B. Georgescu, M. Suehling, and D. Comaniciu, "Hierarchical, Learning-based Automatic Liver Segmentation", In Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Anchorage, AK, USA, June 2008.
- H. Ling and K. Okada, "An Effcient Earth Mover's Distance Algorithm for Robust Histogram Comparison," IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), 29(5):840-853, 2007.
- H. Ling and D. W. Jacobs, "Shape Classification Using the Inner-Distance", IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), 29(2):286-299, 2007.