Decentralized Budgeting at Temple University
Public higher education is changing. Support from the Commonwealth is shrinking and the number of high school graduates from Temple's traditional markets are decreasing. Temple must tactically and strategically deal with that pressure in order to sustain our ability to provide high-quality education at an affordable price. One of the critical tools we will use to do this is the implementation of a decentralized budget model.
“What we’re trying to do at the university occurs in the classroom, offices, in the laboratory...(We) need to be able to be nimble and make decisions to do it.”
- Neil D. Theobald, Philadelphia Business Journal, 10/13/2014
If you are interested in hosting a dialogue about the new budget environment contact our office to schedule.
Have you participated in a meeting about the new budget model? We'd appreciate hearing from you.
Faculty who are interested in learning more and may be preparing for a role within the school/college dean's advisory committee should contact our office to schedule a meeting.
- CALENDAR: Budget Conferences and trainings, contact the CFO Office to schedule
- Preparing for the 2015 Budget Conferences: Support Units, Auxiliaries and Revenue Centers
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE Initiative: proud to make a difference. Announcement, Sept. 2014, Temple News article Oct. 2014
- Cultivating the Temple University Experience (TUX) thru a holistic customer approach - 44 attend inaugural session! Classroom and virtual sessions available
- Policy Review and Development
- Next Administrative Council meeting is
April 22, 2015
- TUhelp Channel is live on the portal
- Welcome, Class of 2018 and breaking records on quantity & quality
- Temple Option: You are more than a test score, July 2014
- FY2015 Holiday Schedule announced
- For archived news and announcements