Decentralized Budgeting at Temple University
Public higher education is changing. Temple must tactically and strategically deal with that pressure in order to sustain our ability to provide high-quality education at an affordable price. One of the critical tools we will use to do this is the implementation of a decentralized budget model.
“What we’re trying to do at the university occurs in the classroom, offices, in the laboratory...(We) need to be able to be nimble and make decisions to do it.”
- Neil D. Theobald, Philadelphia Business Journal, 10/13/2014
If you are interested in hosting a dialogue about the new budget environment contact our office to schedule.
Have you participated in a meeting about the budget model? We'd appreciate hearing from you.
Faculty who are interested in learning more and may be preparing for a role within the school/college dean's advisory committee should contact our office to schedule a meeting.
- CALENDAR: Budget Conferences and trainings, contact the CFO Office
- Administrative Council: next meeting on September 30th
- Board approves a 2.8% tuition increase for 2015-2016
- Update on Background Check Certifications (July 24, 2015)
- SERVICE EXCELLENCE Initiative: proud to make a difference. Temple's service excellence initiative empowers employees (Apr. 17, 2015)
- Temple excels in benefits, supervisors & meaningful work - learning more from our Owls
- Procure-To-Pay (P2P) includes AP Director & Contract Manager live March 2015
- Adjunct Faculty- Know the facts; Temple News, Letter to the Editor: "From an economic standpoint, adjuncts should not unionize (March 10, 2015)
- Policy Review and Development
- TUhelp Channel is live on the portal
- For archived news and announcements