Student Affairs|Division Committees|Senior Leadership Team

Campus Recreation Access

Access to the facilities and programs offered by Campus Recreation may be acquired by paying the Campus Rec access fee. Fees were established by the Student Recreation Board to support our student recreational facilities, including the Independent Blue Cross Student Recreation Center (IBC), the Temple University Fitness Center (TUF), the Student Pavilion (PAV), the Pearson/McGonigle Halls (3rd Floor Rec Court area, Fitness Mezzanine, the Climbing Wall and Pools 30 and 31), the TASB Fitness Center, and recreational opportunities at the Ambler and Health Science campuses.

Temple University Students

Effective Fall 2010, all matriculated Temple University students enrolled will be automatically assessed a portion of the Campus Rec access fee in their tuition bill as a part of the University Service Fee. Enrolled students who have paid the Campus Rec access fee are assigned swipe access through their Temple OWLcard. For additional information about the new fee assessment policy, please contact the Campus Recreation Main Office at 215-204-1267.

back to top

Employee Recreation Access

ALL UNIVERSITY OR HOSPITAL EMPLOYEES WITH A VALID OWL CARD are eligible to purchase access to the recreation facilities. There are two payment options: payroll deduction, or manually by semester or academic year.

Payroll Deduction:

Full-time regular employees have the option to have the Campus Rec access fee deducted from their paychecks. A total deduction of $10 will be withdrawn from the employee’s paycheck each month. Effective Fall 2005, the system allows employees to enroll in the program one time and have the membership automatically renew every September 1. Employees interested in paying for Campus Recreation access through payroll deduction may do so in the Campus Recreation Main Office, 1800 N. Broad St. Suite 303, Pearson/McGonigle halls, or at the Student Faculty Center at HSC. Swipe access is typically granted within 48 hours of enrollment; however, users may present their enrollment form at the facilities for immediate access. Cancellation must be requested in person at either the Campus Recreation Main Office or the Student Faculty Center at HSC. For more information about payroll deduction, please contact Campus Recreation at 215-204-1267.

Employees who are either ineligible for payroll deduction or do not wish to pay via payroll deduction may pay the Campus Rec Access Fee per term at the Campus Recreation Main Office, 1800 N. Broad St. Suite 303, Pearson/McGonigle Halls with a valid OWLcard. Term fees for employees are as follows:

Semester Fee
Fall $55
Spring $55
Summer I and II $30
Annual $120

Within 48 hours of completing the Patron Application, swipe activation will be granted to the facilities. However, users may present their Campus Rec Access receipt at the recreational facility for immediate access.

back to top

Alumni Recreation Access

Temple alumni (defined as a graduate of Temple University) may purchase a Campus Rec Alumni ID for use of the recreational facilities during informal recreation hours. To purchase a Campus Rec Alumni ID, alumni MUST go to the Campus Recreation Main Office, 1800 N. Broad St. Suite 303, Pearson/McGonigle halls, and present a Temple University Alumni Association card and a valid picture ID to verify alumni status. Temple University Alumni Association cards can be obtained from the Office of Alumni Relations, Suite 100, Sullivan Hall.

Payment may be made via cash or check only (no credit cards). Upon payment and presentation of the Temple University Alumni Association card and photo ID, alumni patrons are issued a picture ID card for the semester or term. Cardholders have access to recreational facilities on Main Campus, as well as HSC and Ambler. Structured programs, including Intramurals, Sport Clubs, group fitness and guest pass privileges, are not available to alumni.

The fees for Campus Rec Alumni ID’s are as follows:

Term Recent Alumni Regular Alumni
Graduation Years 1997-Present Pre-1997
Fall $100 $150
Spring $100 $150
Summer $35 $50
Annual $220 $335

Replacement cards are $10, and insufficient funds on checks will incur a $25 penalty.

back to top

Guest Access

Guest passes may be purchased by any students and employees who have paid the Campus Rec access fee. The guest pass is a “sponsor” program: the sponsor MUST accompany the guest at all times in the facilities. A maximum of three (3) guest passes per sponsor, per day is permitted. The fee for the pass is $12 per day and is valid for entry to all facilities for that day. Passes may be purchased the day of use or up to two (2) days in advance. Guest passes must be shown with valid photo ID to gain entrance to any of the recreational facilities. Equipment loan and structured program participation are not available for those holding a guest pass. Weekend Guest Pass users (Friday–Sunday) at the Pearson/McGonigle 3rd Floor Rec Courts must be prepared to leave a picture ID with the front desk and the sponsor must sign a waiver.

back to top

Group Reservations:

All student and University-related groups in need of recreational facility space must contact Devon Rembert, Assistant Director of Programs, at 215-204-0591 and complete the online facility reservation form. Available space is limited, but arrangements may be made to reserve gymnasium, field, pool, and multipurpose spaces. The fee schedule and usage policy are provided upon application.

back to top