Temple University Undergraduate Bulletin
Site Map | Bulletin Home | Temple University


General Information
Academic Advising
Academic Policies & Regulations
College Graduation Requirements
Student Contact Information

ProgramS Of Study

Certificate in Environmental Sustainability
Community & Regional Planning
Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Science
Associate in Science/ General Option
Associate in Science/ Business Option
   Horticultural Therapy
   Landscape Plants
Bachelor of Science

other useful links

Temple Policies
Course Descriptions
Course Schedule
Admissions Application
Student Life
Archived Bulletins
PDF Version
  Academic Programs / Environmental Design

Academic Policies & Regulations

Please see Academic Policies. Students are responsible for complying with all university-wide academic policies that apply to their individual academic status. Additional and unique policies, or exceptions, for the School of Environmental Design appear below.

Dean's List

Each fall and spring semester, those undergraduates who have met the credit hour and academic criteria for their school or college are placed on the Dean's List. See the Dean's List policy for specific GPA and credit-hour requirements.


School of Environmental Design students who have voluntarily withdrawn from the university and wish to return must file the appropriate form if they had one semester (fall or spring) or more of non-attendance. Forms may be obtained in the Office of Academic Services, West Hall 102.  Before a readmission decision can be made, the student is requested to indicate any course(s) taken since leaving Temple, and provide a copy of an official transcript from each institution attended. Both the academic advisor and the student have the right to request an interview as part of the procedure. Students who received a medical withdrawal may be asked to provide medical documentation clearing them to return to school and to schedule an interview with an advisor before a readmission decision can be made.

Students who were dismissed for academic reasons should see the university policy on Academic Warning, Probation, Dismissal, and Reinstatement.

Second Degrees

Students who have earned a bachelor's degree may earn a second bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture or Horticulture, but they should also consider the Master of Landscape Architecture degree.  Students who are interested in Community and Regional Planning should consider enrolling in the Community and Regional Planning Master of Science degree program. Schools and colleges may waive up to 9 credits of degree requirements outside the second major for students who already have a bachelor's degree. See Second Degrees in the Academic Policies section.  For information on graduate programs, see the Graduate Bulletin.


Student Grievance Procedures

All students have the right to adjudicate grievances concerning academic matters in a fair and expeditious manner. Consult your academic advisor for information on procedures.   Non-academic grievances should be directed to the Ambler Campus Office of Student Life.  Also see Grievances at www.temple.edu/bulletin/Responsibilities_rights/rights/rights.shtm#grievance.

, Temple University. All rights reserved. Site created by Computer Services