Academic Programs / Tourism & Hospitality
School Graduation Requirements
The information below is for new freshmen and transfer students admitted fall 2013 or spring 2014. For information prior to this time, refer to the catalog year for your matriculation semester and year. Click on the Archived Bulletins link to see Bulletins from previous years.
Center for Student Services (CSS)
School of Tourism and Hospitality Management
349 Speakman Hall (006-68)
1810 North 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- Students seeking a Bachelor of Science degree from the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management (STHM) must complete 124 semester hours of coursework and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 and a major GPA of 2.0.
- Certain courses may fulfill multiple requirements. In consultation with an advisor, students will be able to plan their curriculum more effectively.
- The total number of credit hours at graduation may vary for some students based on initial placement exams, transfer evaluations, individual curricular choices, and academic progress.
- Students are required to ensure that they have fulfilled the necessary prerequisites for any given course or course sequence. Students may read the entire policy in the section on university-wide Academic Policies.
- First Aid and CPR Certification are required.
- Completion of 250 Hours of STHM Industry-Related Hours is required.