Temple University is in the planning stage of implementating a decentralized budget model. It is expected that the model will be developed for FY 2015 in a hold harmless manner. The University's decision to adopt this type of model was influenced by the model's ability to:
- Incentivize schools and departments to strive for excellence in teaching, research & service;
- Emphasize transparency and access to information that can lead to significant efficiencies & streamlinings,
- Decentralize responsibility and involve more faculty in budget and planning decisions;
- Allow for changes in response to concerns as they are recognized;
- Encourage multi-year strategic planning, aligning resources with top priorities.