Registration & Tuition
- The Music Preparatory Division is open for registration and inquiries Monday through Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.. During July and August, the office is closed Saturday.
- At times, the Music Prep Office will notify students with pertinent information via e-mail. Please be sure to inform the office of your current and regular e-mail address.
- In instances of severe weather, Music Prep reserves the right to cancel classes and private lessons.
- For inclement weather information, call the office at 215-204-1512. Music Prep reserves the right to cancel a class or to adjust the length of a class, based on class enrollment.
|Individual Lessons & Children’s Classes|
|Call the Music Prep office at 215-204-1512 for schedule and placement information.|
|In-Person or By Mail|
|Temple Music Prep
1515 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19120
Tuition and Fees
A $20 non-refundable registration fee per student is charged for each class session regardless of the number of classes registered. See Individual Registration Fee for information regarding the registration fee for individual lessons.
- All students are charged a registration fee.
- Tuition and fees can be paid via check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard. We do not accept cash.
- A $20 fee will be assessed for each returned check.
|Classes and Ensembles|
|Scholarships: A limited number of scholarships based on merit and/or need are available. Proof of family size and income required. Request an application through the registrar's office. Deadline for applications is July 1.|
Absence & Refund Policies
Lessons missed by the instructor will be rescheduled. One individual lesson per 12 registered lessons missed by a student may be made up during each year at the convenience of the instructor, provided that notice of the absence has been given to the Registrar (215.204.1180) at least 24 hours before the scheduled lesson. Should the appointment for a make-up lesson be canceled by the student, the lesson will be considered as having been made up. Student absences beyond this allotment or without proper notification will be considered unexcused and, therefore, forfeited.
It is the responsibility of an individual-lesson student at Temple Music Prep to maintain proper practice on their instrument and to regularly attend lessons being prepared and prompt. It is also expected that all future tuition payments will be made as scheduled. Temple Music Prep reserves the right to cancel registration or deny re-registration based on these, or other factors, as necessary.
|Classes and Ensembles Refund Policy|
|Individual Lessons Refund Policy|