News and Events
- Dr. Cheryl Dileo's book, Envisioning the Future of Music Therapy. 2016.
- The latest Cochrane Review co-authored by Dr. Cheryl Dileo and colleagues has been published: Music Interventions for Preoperative Anxiety. See the link to the full article on our Cochrane Reviews page
- The National Endowment for the Arts awards $20,000 to conduct a meta-analysis on the effects of music on Americans' quality of life across the lifespan
- Exelon Generation funds Hear Our Voices for 2012-13 with $16,000 grant
- The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation awarded $4,000 and the Temple University Faculty Senate awarded $10,000 toward a new program: "Playing Beyond Boundaries: A Model for Facilitating Successful Orchestral Participation for Children with Paralysis." The program will provide a team of occupational therapists, adaptive technology professionals, mechanical engineers, and music therapists to collaborate with students who have physical disabilities in order to facilitate learning how to play an orchestral instrument.