Temple University Choirs
Auditions for Spring 2016 Term
The Temple University choirs invite ALL Temple students to audition for one of our seven ensembles. Whether you're a seasoned chorister or a novice, we have a space for you.
Five of our seven choirs are offered for credit; the other two, Singing Owls and Recital Chorus, are both volunteer ensembles. Of our five credited choirs, three (University Singers, Women's Chorus, and University Chorale) are open to all Temple University students. The other two credited choirs (Concert Choir and Graduate Conductors Chorus) are selected by audition. For detailed information about each of our seven choirs, please select the Ensembles link above.
Join us in Spring 2016!
Joining a Curricular Choir
In order to join one of our five curricular choirs, please take the following steps:
- Register for MUSC 3300 - 001.
- Schedule a placement audition. During placement auditions, students are placed into one of the three MUSC 3300 sections (-001, -002, or -003; please select the Ensembles link above for additional information about each of these sections).
Auditions will last five minutes each and will consist of:
- A prepared piece (aria, art song, folk song, patriotic song) that shows off your voice at its best
- Brief vocalization to determine voice part
- Sight singing and tonal memory exercise
Placement auditions will take place at the following times:
Monday, January 11, 2016
To sign up for a specific time and prepare for the audition, please follow this checklist:
- Complete the Choir Audition Sign-up Form in order to schedule an audition time
- Practice your solo piece
- Bring a copy of the piano part to your audition for our (excellent) pianist
Questions? Unavailable for the times above? Email Leslie Cochran (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Joining Recital Chorus
No audition is required in order to join Recital Chorus. The first rehearsal will take place on the following date:
Thursday, February 25, 2016
Presser Hall Rm 204 (Klein Recital Hall)
Joining Singing Owls
No audition is required in order to join Singing Owls. The first rehearsal will take place on the following date:
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
Presser Hall Rm 240 (Arronson Rehearsal Hall)
Temple University students have the option of enrolling in Singing Owls for credit. Members who are not enrolled for credit pay a per-semester fee of $25 and can register here.
Feel free to contact Leslie Cochran (email@example.com) with any questions.