Temple University Choirs
Auditions for Fall 2015 Term
The Temple University choirs invite ALL Temple students to audition for one of our seven ensembles. Whether you're a seasoned chorister or a novice, we have a space for you.
Five of our seven choirs are offered for credit; the other two, Singing Owls and Recital Chorus, are both volunteer ensembles. Of our five credited choirs, three (University Singers, University Chorale, and Women's Chorus) are open to all Temple University students. The other two credited choirs (Concert Choir and Graduate Conductors Chorus) are selected by audition. For detailed information about each of our seven choirs, please select the Ensembles link above.
Join us in Fall 2015!
Joining a Curricular Choir
In order to join one of our five curricular choirs, please take the following steps:
- Register for MUSC 3300 - 001.
- Schedule a placement audition. During placement auditions, students are placed into one of the three MUSC 3300 sections (-001, -002, or -003; please select the Ensembles link above for additional information about each of these sections). Placement auditions will also serve as auditions for Concert Choir and/or Graduate Conductors Chorus for students who are interested in these two ensembles.
Auditions will last five minutes each and will consist of:
- A prepared piece (aria, art song, folk song, patriotic song) that shows off your voice at its best
- Brief vocalization to determine voice part
- Sight singing and tonal memory exercise
Placement auditions will take place at the following times:
New Choir Members:
Friday, August 21, 2015
Returning Choir Members:
Saturday, August 22, 2015
Monday, August 24, 2015
To sign up for a specific time and prepare for the audition, please follow this checklist:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition time on the appropriate date
- Practice your solo piece
- Bring a copy of the piano part to your audition for our (excellent) pianist
Questions? Unavailable for the times above? Email Leslie Cochran (email@example.com).
Joining Recital Chorus
No audition is required in order to join Recital Chorus. The first rehearsal will take place on the following date:
Thursday, August 27, 2015
Presser Hall Rm 204 (Klein Recital Hall)
Joining Singing Owls
No audition is required in order to join Singing Owls. The first rehearsal will take place on the following date:
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Presser Hall Rm 240 (Arronson Rehearsal Hall)
To register for Temple University Singing Owls, click here.
Feel free to contact Leslie Cochran (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.