The purpose of this project was (1) to study the flooding and transportation problems plaguing the Office Park and to recommend solutions that will mitigate the flooding, enhance accessibility, and in general revitalize the Office Park, and (2) to prepare a Development Implementation Plan with short-term and long-term recommendations, including a prioritized list of physical; improvements.
The CSC led the study with the help of three contractors: Orth-Rodgers & Associates, Coleshill Associates LLC, and Engineering and Design Institute of Philadelphia University.
The study, funded by a $420,000 Federal Grant through Upper Dublin Township and $200,000 grant from FEMA, included the following outputs:
(1) New floodplain maps using existing conditions Recommendations for changes in transportation system
(2) Recommendations for implementing new BMPs
(3) Alternative floodplain maps to reflect proposed changes in transportation network and stormwater management
(4) Sustainable design guidelines and public input through design charettes
(5) Redevelopment implementation plan