Temple’s reputation in academia, healthcare, science, business, law, education, communications and politics provides our students and graduates with a powerful worldwide network.
- There are more than 292,000 living Temple alumni. In Philadelphia, 1 in 7 college graduates has a Temple degree.
- Temple is the No. 1 provider of professional education in Pennsylvania and the fourth-largest in the nation.
- Students join faculty at professional, academic and scientific conferences to present their research.
- In our labs and in the field, students play critical roles in life-changing research, such as examining the effect of urban greening on crime.
Though many universities are finding research dollars harder to come by, Temple funding has been on the rise.
Our impact by the numbers
- $230 million in total research funding in FY 2013
- 20% increase in the university’s research awards between FY 2012 and FY 2013
- $11.5 million in revenue from licensing and other agreements in FY 2013, up from $2.5 million in FY 2012
- 5th in the nation among schools of medicine for National Institutes of Health research funding per faculty member
- 17th in the nation (and 1st in Pennsylvania) for tech revenue as a ratio to research expenditures*
- 6th in the nation among public universities
- 29th in the nation (and 2nd in Pennsylvania) in overall university ranking for tech revenue*
*according to the latest available data from the Association of University Technology Managers
In 2013, Temple boasted
- 6 members of the National Academies.
- 3 American Academy of Arts and Sciences fellows.
- 12 Guggenheim fellows.
- 2 MacArthur fellows.