Ph.D. in Computer Science, University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, TX (1981).
M.S. in Electrical Communication Eng., Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India (1977).
B.Tech. in Electrical Eng., Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (1975).
Research Interests :
Security and robustness issues in cloud computing and Internet infrastructure, Configuration management issues for large IT systems and its security, Energy Efficiency and Sustainability issues in computing & communications, and emerging nonvolatile memory technologies.
Involved since 2009 in curriculum development in parallel and distributed computing area under sponsorship of IEEE TCPP (technical committee on parallel processing). Also involved with biannual competitions since 2011 to collect & evaluate early adopter feedback.
- K. Kant, M. Murugan and D. Du, “Energy Adaptive Computing for a Sustainable ICT Ecosystem”, to appear in Design Technologies for Green and Sustainable Computing Systems, Eds P. Pande, A. Ganguly, K. Chakrabarty, Springer, to appear in early 2014.
- L. Yuan, CC Chen, P. Mohapatra, CN Chuah and K. Kant, “A Proxy View of Quality of Domain Name Service, Poisoning Attacks and Survival Strategies”, to appear in IEEE trans on Internet Technology.
- M. Le, K. Kant, and S. Jajodia, “Rule enforcement with third parties in secure cooperative data access”, Proc. of DBsec 2013, Newark, NJ, Wang and B. Sha?q (Eds.): LNCS 7964, pp. 282–288, July 2013.
- M. Le, K. Kant, and S. Jajodia, “Enabling Collaborative Data Authorization Between Enterprise Clouds”, Book chapter in Advances in Cloud Computing Security, Eds. S. Jajodia, et.al., Springer, publication date: Feb 2014.
- K. Kant, R. Iyer and P. Mohapatra, ``Architectural Impact of Secure Socket Layer on Internet Servers: A Retrospect'', International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD), Oct 2012, 30th Anniversary presentation. (One of 5 high impact papers selected from last 30 years of ICCD).